Implementing an office relocation strategy can help you save time and reduce stress. But making your office move less hectic takes more than being prepared and organized. Even hiring a professional moving company requires detailed planning and anticipating potential issues.
When planning an office move, many factors must be considered. Issues that arise when moving can have lasting effects on your business. Consider security. Not only does your office’s physical property become vulnerable to loss or damage during a move; your digital property and information does, too.
To help you create a viable plan, we’ve outlined a few ways to streamline your relocation process, ensure everything is accounted for, and keep your costs down.
At Daida, we help businesses save time and money by introducing new technologies and streamlining processes. Speak with one of our experts!
Create a Project Plan for your Office Move
Consider identifying a project leader can to plan your office move. This can help coordinate efforts and streamline the decision-making process. Your project leader can:
- Build a team, create checklists, and delegate tasks
- Create a realistic budget for labor, logistics, and insurance costs
- Research and hire professional office moving services
- Establish deadlines and move dates
- Coordinate lease termination and signings
- Conform to new and old building regulations
- Work with IT to set up infrastructure in the new office
- Update all marketing information with new addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Communicate with customers before, during, and after the move
There may be details of your office move that only apply to your company. You and your project leader can assess your office for these details and implement them into a complete, clear, and efficient strategy.
It’s important to get these details correct, so consider overlooking and reassessing the plan before finalizing it. Poor communication, insufficient information, or items the project leader didn’t account for can cause last-minute issues that leave you scrambling for solutions.
Keep Employees Connected
Clear communication with all employees drastically improves your chances of having an efficient office move. When communicating, provide information about:
- Team leader contact
- New office location address and directions
- New floor plans
- Parking and transit
- Role assignments
This last one is important because it clarifies everyone’s responsibility during the move. For example, if some employees are responsible for moving the contents of their desks, it’s important that they understand this.
Clear roles also help the team leader delegate tasks, such as moving files in storage, office furniture, or supplies. It also helps your team feel more comfortable with the move.
Consider a hybrid workplace
A post-pandemic hybrid work environment can reduce some of the stresses of an office move.
Before the pandemic, working from home was more often seen as an occasional luxury. But pandemic-related shutdowns caused a sharp uptick in remote work.
When businesses reopened, workers were at a crossroads. Where some team members were happy returning to the office full-time, others had grown accustomed to their more personal workspaces. Many offices offered hybrid options. This allowed employees to work remotely a few days per week.
Some benefits of hybrid work also benefit an office move. This is because a hybrid workplace reduces the number of employees in the office at one time. When planning a move, this kind of flexible work arrangement allows you to:
- Further declutter the office before moving
- Save money by downsizing office space
- Reduce overall business costs
- Remain productive during the move
Hybrid (or fully remote) workplaces come with an added benefit. Because they’re growing in popularity, many believe they’ll be the future of work. Creating a company culture that allows for one now can help you prepare as the modern workplace evolves.
Declutter As You Go
Moving is a prime time to audit your existing information, equipment, and inventory when you prepare it for transport. An official audit accounts for intellectual property, mitigates the risk of loss and theft, and facilitates the removal of things you no longer need.
Outsource document management services to a professional company that scans documents, digitizes paper records, and creates a document management system to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Documents backed up offsite
- Improved data security with encryptions, firewalls, and password protection
- Retrieval of digital copies at any time through cloud services
- Organized, indexed files that meet legal and regulatory obligations
- More office real estate due to fewer file cabinets needed for physical storage
- Improve the environmental impact of your business
A document management system gives employees quick access to information, especially when your entire company is changing locations. While some of your operations take longer to move than others, streamlining your information services can help managers of critical operations stay organized, access information, and keep your business moving forward.
Protect your information with Daida
Daida provides a complete line of outsourcing services, such as Document Scanning, Document Imaging, and Document Management Software. Daida also securely manages operations, such as:
- Storing financial documents in compliant, audit-proof archives
- Protecting data behind appropriate firewalls
- Integrating with Line of Business systems
- Backing up long-term storage
- Reducing associated labor costs
- Improving back-office processes with workflow automation
We provide ECM, digital transformation, and other services on or off-site that augment existing staff and capture transaction and customer information. We interface with and support all major Customer Information Systems, Mortgage Origination Platforms, ERP, and Accounting systems.
At Daida, all solutions deployed by our team of experts have impressive returns on investment. Let us help you save time, streamline your processes, and lower your expenses so you can focus on enjoying your new office. Contact us today for a free document scanning quote.
Create a seamless workplace: Collaborate, share, report, and leverage real-time digital business content from any device, anywhere.